Friday 10 March 2017

Sunday the 5th of March - SAM & Tracy Moffat

After visiting the Art Path earlier in the day, I figured the best way to cool off would be to enjoy some various art works in the air conditioned Shepparton Art Museum (SAM).
We were asked by the woman at the desk for our postcodes, presumably to map out the guests throughout the festival, and made our way in.
To start, we turned off to the right and saw some of the regular exhibits. Some of the artwork was incredible. For others, I wondered if I could have done just as well despite my lack of artistic skill. But, I do not have a good understanding of art and artistic form, so that is most likely my untrained eye peeking through.

The most incredible, and mildly creepy feature was the "Woman and Child" exhibit by Sam Jinks (2010). The figure, made from a variety of materials, was eerily realistic, and I was slightly worried that it might just reach out and grab me at any point.

We also viewed many of Tracy Moffat's videos. These to me personally were slightly odd but often withdrew powerful feelings from within me. I would definitely recommend anyone art aficionados in the area to go and view the Tracy Moffat exhibit. However, this may not be something the general public will appreciate

We briefly ran into Sue reclining on some bean bags in front of a theater screen here, I would've loved to relax as well but unfortunately I had to drive back to Preston shortly after leaving the SAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment