Monday 20 March 2017

Converge on The Goulburn

Converge on the Goulburn is a free, family friendly, fantastic event.
The event takes place on the lake and features beautiful scenery and plenty of space. There are loads of free cultural activities for kids to explore diversity and there is an incredible display of live music. There are numerous varieties of food from an array of cultures from Kangaroo burgers to Turkish Gozlemes.
I haven't attended Converge on the Goulburn in the last 4 or 5 years and it was great to see it again. Weirdly, I remember it being bigger the last time I went. I remember their being a bigger layout of different stalls, as well as a larger stage and more room for dancing and the audience to sit. This idea seems weird to me as the festival has been growing in the last few years but one of the main attractions that the everyday family can enjoy appears to be getting smaller.
In saying that, I do not wish to make Converge on the Goulburn sound bad. It may be my memory playing tricks on me or the event may be attracting less attention. Aside from the size, Converge on the Goulburn is still as fantastic event. It's free to attend, it's fun and it's a fantastic way to celebrate the end of the Shepparton Arts Festival.
I implore everyone to attend next years, as well as every year to come.
Thanks to Ros Abercrombie and her fantastic team for putting on such a massive event that take countless hours to prepare, I know myself and other members of the La Trobe writers in action class have had an incredible time.

No comments:

Post a Comment