Thursday 2 March 2017

Driving home for class?

It's a strange feeling.
My third year at La Trobe, having just moved off of on-campus accommodation into a share house, and what's the first thing I do? I go straight back to Shepp, back to my room at my parents' house (which I only just escaped from).
It's odd. Normally I drive back here to escape from uni life for a bit, but I never thought I'd be coming back here for uni.

I left my house in Preston earlier today, brought a basket of washing with me for mum to help with, and made sure to pack all my devices and their chargers. I settle in for the two hour drive and play some of my CD's. I start to play Violent Soho and memories of year 11 start to return as I listened to 'Covered in Chrome' for what seems the millionth time.
As I enter the Goulburn Valley I start to feel nostalgic (despite only leaving a fortnight ago to start uni again). I drive past the McDonald's in the south of town and pass a sign advertising a bunch of activities for the festival this weekend. Anticipation hits me like a hammer to an anvil. I drive past the lake and see the familiar setup of kids rides and market stalls at the lake and i'm grinning with anticipation.
I drive straight down Wyndham street for a few more minutes, take a few turns and i'm home.
I sit on my couch writing this as I eagerly await tonight's festivities.

It's good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome "home" Jordan! I'm still in route, just pulled over for a pit-stop. Love your first blogpost. See you very soon :)

    ReplyDelete